Greetings, fellow wet shavers! Today, we’re diving into the legendary world of Proraso, one of the most well-known and celebrated shaving companies globally. With a rich history and an incredible lineup of products, Proraso has left its mark on the shaving industry.
In this review, we’ll be taking a close look at their iconic shaving cream, available in four unique product lines, each catering to different beard types. So, let’s explore and find out if Proraso’s shaving cream is the perfect fit for your shaving routine!
A Brief Background on Proraso
Founded in 1908 by Ludovico Martelli in Italy, Proraso has been innovating and perfecting shaving products for over a century. With a mission to create professional-quality products for a pleasurable and impeccable shave, they’ve become a household name for wet shavers. Their product range includes aftershaves, pre-shave creams, shaving soaps, and accessories, each designed with classic and traditional flair.
Proraso Shaving Cream: A Cut Above the Rest
One of the standout features of Proraso’s shaving cream is the availability of four distinct product lines, each formulated to address specific beard and skin types. Let’s take a closer look:
|Product Line||Ideal For||Key Ingredients||Scent|
|Green Line||Average shavers||Eucalyptus oil, Menthol||Menthol and Eucalyptus|
|White Line||Sensitive skin||Green tea, Oatmeal||Fruity, Lime and Apple|
|Red Line||Thick, coarse beards||Shea butter, Sandal oil||Sandalwood|
|Blue Line||Extra hydration||Aloe vera, Vitamin E||Spicy, Amber and Musk|
The Perks of Proraso Shaving Cream
- Primarily natural ingredients with over 95% natural content.
- Free of parabens, silicones, mineral oil, artificial coloring, and SLS.
- Easy to face lather with a badger hair or synthetic hair brush.
- Slick lubricant ensures a comfortable shave with reduced razor burn.
Getting the Most Out of Your Shave: Step-by-Step
- Wet your shaving brush with warm water.
- Squeeze an almond-sized amount of Proraso shaving cream onto the brush or into a bowl.
- Whip the cream into a thick lather using circular motions. If using a bowl, swirl the brush until you achieve the desired consistency.
- Apply the lather to your face using the brush, covering the entire shaving area.
- Shave using your preferred razor, following the grain of your beard.
- Rinse your face with cool water to soothe the skin and close the pores.
- Pat dry and follow up with your favorite aftershave or moisturizer for extra hydration.
Pros and Cons of Proraso Shaving Cream
- High-quality, natural ingredients.
- Four distinct product lines catering to different skin and beard types.
- Refreshing scents that aren’t overpowering.
- Smooth, slick lubrication for a comfortable shave.
- Easy to lather and apply.
- Thick lather may not be suitable for cartridge or disposable razors.
- Some users may prefer a stronger scent.
Who’s It For?
Proraso’s shaving cream is a fantastic choice for anyone looking for a classic shaving experience with modern enhancements. The variety in product lines ensures that there’s something for every shaver, regardless of beard type. However, the thick lather may not be the best match for cartridge razors, so safety razors are recommended.
Proraso’s shaving cream is a must-try for wet shavers. With high-quality ingredients, easy application, and an impressive lineup of product lines, you can’t go wrong with Proraso. So, pick the product line that suits your beard, and enjoy a superior shave!
Other Creams & Soaps to Consider
While Proraso is a top choice, there are other fantastic shaving creams and soaps to explore:
- Taylor of Old Bond Street: A favorite among wet shavers, this shaving cream is known for its easy lathering, slick lubrication, and masculine scents. If you’re looking for a tried-and-true classic, give TOBS a shot.
- Jack Black Beard Lube: For those who prefer a translucent, non-lathering option, Jack Black Beard Lube offers superb lubrication. It’s great for guys with minimal or fine facial hair, or if you prioritize lubrication during your shave.
- Proraso Shaving Soap: Don’t forget that Proraso also makes top-notch shave soaps in their green, white, and red product lines. If you’re up for trying shave soaps, Proraso’s got you covered with extra lubrication to prevent razor burn.
Whether you’re new to wet shaving or a seasoned veteran, Proraso’s shaving cream is sure to elevate your shaving experience. With its rich history, quality ingredients, and tailored product lines, Proraso is a brand that continues to impress. Happy shaving!
Last update on 2023-05-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Affiliate Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase using these links.
Just because i'm asian does not mean I don't need shaving. I always wanted to grow a beard when I was young, now I need to shave because hair growth for me is a problem. I'm going through what every man will and has gone through before.